Saturday, February 16, 2013

Utterly Foul

My favorite part of coming home a little before 1am from a good night of dancing was to realize that that utterly foul smell that was tracked in by one of the dogs earlier in the evening remained.

I had already cleaned up the spots that ran up the stairs.  What else?  Then I discovered the source.

Even before getting my coat off, I had Bodie between my knees as I brushed, washed and cut out a serious collection of pooh on his furry little butt!  It was some intense mouth breathing.  I wiggled him over to the sink so I could wet another paper towel.  When it became obvious that more serious measures were called for, I wiggled him over to the scissors.

Pinkie would have no part of this circus.  She was tucked in under my bed.

After Febreze room spray and then Febreze fabric spray,  putting the "green" wipes back and pulling out the 409, the malodorous air lingered.  I found some remnants around the carpet and in the kitchen; it was easy to track where he had been over the course of the evening.

He may be fierce when someone approaches the gate but my little Bodie has the most gentle heart.  He's sound asleep beside me--I'm such a good mom--and before passing out, he looked up at me a few times with soft eyes and a titled head as if to say, "I'm sorry I have a smelly butt, mom.  Thanks for cleaning me up."

Pee-ew!


No comments:

Post a Comment