Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's Official...the Goodles are Weaned

For my dad on his birthday.

A very big day for the goodles--no bottle.

Wow, it's a little sad and also exciting as well as liberating.  Tonight I went to the barn armed only with a bag of prepared salad mix and a lot of momma love.  No bottle bucket.

Shadow and Pippin ran to the stool where I sit, used to sit, to feed them but quickly turned back when they realized I wasn't joining them.  Pippin immediately dove into the bowl with salad mix and Shadow to the feeder just stocked today with very lush and tasty Orchard Grass hay from last month's cutting at Jeff and Barb's.

They didn't seem to be affected too much by the change in routine.

My boys are getting big, growing up.  They still call out "ma'aaaa" when they scare or are unsure.  I think I still need that.

1 comment:

  1. They are you children (in a sense). They are growing up and it's special to watch them grow and sad because they are no longer babies! But it's exciting to watch the metamorphosis just remember they will always need/want you!

    ReplyDelete