Sunday, August 14, 2011

Peaceful at Times







I say "peaceful at times" because at a moment's notice, that peace can transition to chaos.










Just now, while quietly writing a new blog post, I had to jump up and run clear across the porch. Shadow was eating my lavender plant. In response to my reprimand, he comes running across the porch, up onto the chair, onto the table and then across my keyboard!










I thought for certain my laptop was doomed, yet here I sit.










Next, Pippin pulled a big branch off the plant. He runs away and when he comes back for let's kiss and make up lovin's, his breath is herb fresh. Petunias are next on the menu.










Just as I push one 50lb goat out of the front flower planter, the other 40lb one jumps in. It's a circus.










No sooner do they move on do Bodie and Pinkie come charging across the porch in their afternoon chase and scatter the hens that are sprawled out behind me, protected from the breeze.










Pippin is back, under the table, pushing it up with his budding horns. Next on to pushing the reclining lounger across the porch to getting up into it. And finally, to rest and chew cud.










Peaceful at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment