Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Me!

These past few days I have been quietly celebrating a milestone in my journey.  I have also been reflecting on the past year and sending much gratitude out to the universe and in toward myself for this occasion.

On October 31 of 2012, I moved out.

With very little money to spare, a ranch full of animals and my capable self, I took up a ranch of my own.  Incredibly generous friends and one of my sisters helped me move each and every one of us.  A friend came over to help me make a dent in the unpacking.

New routines were established, for all of us.  New paths browsed and grazed.  New dirt mounds discovered to bathe in.

It was a lot of work to set up this place before I could move.  Perimeter fencing and gates were put up, the house for the homing pigeons would make a perfect hen house after a new roof and door were installed, a goat shelter was built, a dog door installed.  It was very tight on the budget to get this work done but I had a goal in sight.

The challenges aside, I sit here celebrating myself.  It's a 7 day a week job, I'm on call 24 hours a day.  Vet visits, colic incidents, injuries, fecal analysis, daily chores, hay deliveries, water management, it all gets done.  My animals are healthy and happy. And then there's my day job and teaching and my spiritual work.

Some days it can feel like a circus.  When there is a day that nothing out of the ordinary happens, I celebrate that too!  There are some days when I wish I could hand someone else a list of things to do.  It's a momentary thought.

I work hard.  I'm always thinking and anticipating.  I make great efforts to stay healthy in body, mind and spirit.  And sometimes I worry.

So, with this new moon energy tonight, I set the following intention:  That I lovingly release all fears and worries and that I am always capable and comfortable in taking care of myself and my sacred charges.


Happy Anniversary to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment