Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Wisdom of Patty


This morning I was at my Sunday meditation circle and prior to commencing service we were chatting about how some people, no matter their age, are full of life and health and vitality. And how on the contrary there are those who at 35 seem old or heavy or unhealthy.

Patty, who will be 76 next month and reminds me a lot of my mother, said she doesn't pray for people to get well. She prays for people's highest good.

She said, paraphrasing, "I can't judge. I don't know their history or their life story. I don't know their previous life story or why they are here in this life. Maybe they are supposed to be how they are. So, I pray for their highest good and potential, that they fulfill what it is they are here to do."

Interesting.

Speaking of age, Wes, who will be 87 in March, was part of this conversation. He is full of kindness, light and life and just had cataract surgery and his blue eyes sparkle again. And Regina, who will be celebrating her 88th birthday in our Line Dance class this Wednesday, isn't picky about cake. But she is particular about her collection of fashionable cowboy boots for dance.

May we all reach out toward our highest potential. May we be inspired by those around us. May we accept each other as who we are as we truly don't know from where we came.

Om. Peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment