Monday, December 6, 2010

The Universe Rules

It was a trying day on the ranch today. One of the horses had what we think was a seizure and another has been acting "off." These kinds of things can really drain your energy and get your heart racing.

But, sitting on the other side of the rainbow was an overflowing pot of happy gold!

Last night I was perusing the craigslist for sale listings in farm and garden (of course, what else?) and saw the heading "Missing Red Aussi/Heeler."

As you might imagine, I pulled up the listing and saw the most adorable face on the photo staring back at me. He looked just like Pinkie, my new Australian Shepherd/Heeler mix.

The family had just moved to a new home only a couple of miles from us. The dog was out playing with the kids and for some reason ran off. The kids followed him for a mile and lost him. The number on the dog's tag was their old number, not yet transferred to the new house, so they listed their cell phone numbers on the craigslist posting.

Frankly I don't know what's happening to me, but these animals are just tugging all lengths of my heart strings.

I started asking the universe, "Please bring this dog to me or send him to someone who read the same listing." I asked several times last night and again today "please" "please" "please."

I was just telling Brian, our eternal contractor, about this dog and said, "I just hope to look out and see him coming up the driveway."

Moments later, I came in the house and before I could take my coat off, Larry was telling me about this sweet dog "that looks just like Pinkie!" that our friends April and Richard have. "What dog?!" "They found a dog in their hay barn and he looks just like Pinkie."

I brought up the photo on craigslist and showed Larry, "Is this him?" "Yes, that's the dog they have."

My heart was racing, my coat still on, hat still on, and I called April and left her a message, "I know who the owner is!"

Because April was out at an appointment and Larry said there was no one at the telephone number that April called (as I explained) I just could not wait, I had to call the cell number in the posting.

Rayna was ecstatic. As it turns out Mity was only a half mile or so from his house. Rayna went to collect him an hour ago and although April had already decided she could keep this dog (along with her other 3 dogs and 5 cats and 25+ alpacas) Mity and Rayna were joyfully reunited.

Mity didn't come to me directly but he went where he knew he'd be found: April's (Informal) Animal Rescue.

You see, the universe does listen and she delivers. She rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment