Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Helen

All the animals love to participate, in their own way, in chores, especially when it's something different.  Today, I came back from having the car washed and left it outside the garage so I could clean the inside of the windows and sweep out the garage--also known as packing avoidance.  The dogs gathered around, each with their own ball and the 8 chickens came over to offer their help.

An open garage is always cause for much hen chatter.  They went in, just a little, and back out, back in, back out, each of them checking out the cement floor and telling each other of their individual experience into no-no land.  Meanwhile, I'm trying to get a few things accomplished in a reasonable amount of time but I have to push the gooey dog saliva ball off my lap while cleaning the inside windshield, then do a very quick halt and jump to the side when I got out to avoid stepping on Cinnamon.  As I moved from window to window, I was surrounded.  I have to admit, there is never a lack for companionship here at the ranch.

Well, poor Helen, who only has one eye, was rounding the front of the car from the left side which also happens to be her missing eye, and Boink!  She cut the corner too close and walked right into the moulding.  Thankfully most cars are made of plastic these days so it was no more than a gentle reminder that she ought to swing out a little wider.  But being a chicken, hugging in close is always safer.


No comments:

Post a Comment