Monday, April 4, 2011

A Great Story for Your Ears

This past weekend as I was running around gathering up ingredients for the 2 German dishes I was to prepare for our International Table: Gastronomic Style, I was listening to NPR between stops. An hour long program, Radio Lab, was on and I found it wonderfully moving. I had to delay myself a bit here and there to be sure I heard the next words that had me on the edge of my seat. If you have an hour to listen to this program, I highly recommend it. If you don't have an hour but you have about 15-20 minutes, move the play marker to about 23:30 and listen to the piece on Carnegie Heroes. I assure you it will bolster your faith in community. Click on the link below and let me know what you think. http://www.radiolab.org/2010/dec/14/

2 comments:

  1. I have been trying to find this since I heard about it yesterday on NPR. Thank you so much for posting this. It was truly amazing. I found myself in my car, by myself, tearing up by the beautiful humanity that was expressed by these real life heroes.

    ReplyDelete