Tuesday, September 14, 2010

There's This Thing About Music

We now have dish for our cable provider--is it still called cable when it's a dish?

I discovered their music channels. One in particular is called The Bridge. This channel plays music from the 70s, music to "mellow you out."

Not only does it mellow me out, it keeps me listening because I keep saying, "okay, after this song, I'm going to..." I fall asleep on the sofa at midnight with this music playing. This is some good music!

For example: Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, James Taylor, Jackson Browne, Led Zepplin, Van Morrison, Cat Stevens, Linda Ronstadt, Bob Dylan, Bread, Chicago, Neil Young, Billy Joel, then many great tunes from whom I think were one hit wonders.

The thing about music is how it brings memories flooding in: remembering where I was, whom I was with, my approximate age, sometimes the clothes I was wearing when I first heard the song. It is such an enjoyable trip!

I'm not one to relive the past. When there is some killer music playing, I'm not reliving, I'm living in the moment adorned with bubbles of nostalgia over my head.

Check it out if you have dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment